Hi guys (and girls),
Just wanted to let you know that if you get the error message “Error loading /tools.t00 Fatal error: 10 (Out of resources)” when trying to install VMware’s ESXi 5.5 hypervisor on a Cisco UCS C240 M3 SFF rackable server with some GPUs in it, just follow the next steps to fix it:
1. Go to System BIOS (Press F2)
2. PCI configuration > MMCFG
3. Change the value from Auto to 2 GB
4. Change the value of Memory Mapped IO above 4 G to Enabled
5. Save and reboot the system
6. Installation will complete.
Hopefully you will solve this issue by yourself, not like me, after a couple of days with help from my Cisco technical friends 🙂
Apparently, the error cannot be reproduced on the same system but with no GPUs, as i have it, or on ESXi 5.1. Cisco told me that they’re working with VMware on this one and hopefully they will create a more fashionable way on getting the systems up and running.